Wow, I feel so honored and happy to be accepting this nomination for the 2016 Liebster Award! I haven’t been blogging very long and to be nominated makes me love blogging and appreciate all my followers even more. I want to give a big “Thank you” to Monica, author of Cloudy Talks, for nominating me! She is a fellow beauty blogger and has an adorable German Shepherd named Bonnie, whom she features on her blog. Click here to check out her blog!
The Liebster Award is presented to new bloggers as a way to increase exposure and to connect and support the blogging community. To accept the award, nominees must follow a set of rules and pass on the nomination to other bloggers whom they think deserve more recognition and exposure.
The rules are…
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write about your favorite blog that isn’t your own.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
- Nominate 5 other blogs.
- Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator.
- Create 11 different questions for your nominees.
For those who want to know more details about the Liebster Award, click here!
My Favorite Beauty Blog
There are so many great and beautiful blogs out there that aren’t just about beauty/makeup but because I am a beauty blogger, I find myself gravitating towards that type of blog. But first, before I go on to say who is my favorite beauty blog, I just wanted to state that I did not include any beauty vloggers from YouTube who only have a YouTube channel. If the blog has an actual written blog and a YouTube channel, that’s fine but when asked who is my favorite beauty blog, I took it that as a minimum they must have a written blog. So here on WordPress, there’s one blog that I always find myself reading the moment it comes out with a new post and that is Jenny Loves Beauty. Her blog is so beautiful, so clean, and so simple. She also has the sweetest smile and personality. I’ve never met her in person or spoken to her much but I can just tell that she’s a great person from reading her posts. Please go check out her blog – she is amazing! However, I don’t read beauty blogs that are just hosted by WordPress. So not wordpress, I would have to say that my favorite beauty blog is The RAEviewer. The author, Rae, is so cute and bubbly. I love her and her blog! I watch her on YouTube as well and I definitely think it makes a difference when someone just blogs as opposed to blogging and vlogging. I think her reviews are so helpful and again, her blog (like Jenny’s) is also very clean and simple. Please go check out her blog too!
10 Random Facts about Me
I won’t be sharing facts about me this time. I will be posting it later on so please look forward to it! 🙂
- If you had to lose one of your senses, which one would you choose? I would choose to lose my sense of touch. If I don’t feel physical pain or stimuli, I think I would become more bold and daring to try out new things. I would definitely get more tattoos!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be happy. Is that cheating? Lol. I feel like there is so much hate out there in the world right now and I think alot of it stems from people who aren’t happy with themselves, the people around them, their community, the society…basically anything and everything can possibly make people unhappy and start to develop feelings of hate and anger. So what I truly want to be when I grow up is happy.
- If you could be any blogger for a day, who would you be and why? This is hard… there are so many awesome bloggers….but I think it would have to be Michelle Phan. She is like the beauty blogger OG to me. I used to watch her videos and read her blogs non-stop and reference it when I needed help. When she started up Ipsy, I was like SIGN ME UP!!! I love her and I think she is amazing to have come so far and to have done so much for the beauty community and inspire so many young adults.
- Pick one song that is the anthem of your life! Tori Kelly – Dear No One. DAMN. THAT SONG. IS SO FREAKING GOOOOOOOD. I feel like that was me for the longest time (and slightly still am). I’m in a relationship now and am super happy but I feel like you never know what’s going to happen and if the person you’re with is your soul mate or not, but I know that I’m a strong independent woman and I don’t need no one. BUT it’d be nice to have that one man to come home to at the end of a long day, to cuddle with and binge watch Netflix together, to go shopping with and not have to be shy about what you like or don’t like, to eat late night snacks with, all that shizzz.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? OMG. I have so many pet peeves, but I think the biggest BIGGEST pet peeve is when someone wastes my time. My time is precious, honey. Time is money. Time can’t be bought. So if you waste your time, waste it wisely and not on something dumb.
- Beach or Mountains? Beach! I think there’s less bugs at the beach….plus, I love to swim!
- Best advice for beginner bloggers? You do you and reference other beauty bloggers. There’s no such thing as “copying”. Almost everyone out there has already done the same post 47985720 times so don’t worry, no one is going to attack you for not being original.
- What is your favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice (2005) with Keira Knightley. I’ve watched this at least 100 times. I can probably tell you everything that happens from the start to finish in the greatest detail. So classic and romantic. I just love it.
- Name someone who inspires you. Coco Chanel. Little black dress. Thank you.
- Red wine or white wine? White! I’m not fancy enough for red yet. Some day though. Some day.
Questions for My Nominees
- Dogs or cats?
- Did you watch Captain America Civil War? If so, Team Capt. America or Team Iron Man? If you haven’t, who would you pick anyways?
- Who is your favorite F.R.I.E.N.D.S character &/or perhaps, favorite scene from it?
- If you could have a superpower ability, what would it be?
- If you won the lottery, what would be the first 3 things you do with the money?
- If you could ONLY pick ONE makeup product to wear, what would it be?
- What is your favorite part about being a blogger?
- If you could have a famous celebrity guest featured on your blog, who would it be?
- If you were to become a brand ambassador for any makeup brand, which would it be and why?
- If you could only shop at ONE store for the rest of your life, what store would it be?
Again, I want to Thank You Monica from Cloudy Talks for nominating me! I hope that my nominees will feel just as happy as I did when I found out I was nominated. I also hope that my nominees choose to accept the award and continue to promote fellow bloggers to bring the blogging community closer together and exposure to the general population. Blogging is so fun! I hope y’all had a blast reading my “acceptance speech” (sorry it was long) and I will ttyl!!!